As the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions continue to keep us out of our church building, we’re finding alternate ways to connect with each other. With summer now upon us, Paddy and our Session are arranging for a few outdoor, small group gatherings in our church parking lot.
We will celebrate Communion outdoors on Saturday July 25 and Sunday July 26, at 1:30 – 2:00 pm and 3:00 – 3:30 pm both days. As numbers must be limited, your attendance will have to be pre-booked by phoning Sue Reaveley at 604-467-1715 or email email@example.com .
Celebrating Communion Outdoors
It will be wonderful to be together at the Lord’s Table. Our plans reflect the need to keep each other safe. We are very much aware that many of you are still in strict isolation; do not feel any pressure to come.
Here’s what you can expect:
- There will be two days with two services on each day.
- We wish to keep each group small (less than 20 people) so you will need to tell Sue which service you wish to attend.
- We will keep a paper record of everyone who is present (name and contact information)
- We will maintain the suggested physical distancing practices: stay home if you are sick; sit six feet apart in rows facing the same way; wear a mask when moving (not necessary once you are seated); one-direction movement. There will be signs and ushers to help you.
- Since sharing food is a high-risk activity, everyone will bring their own elements: a juice box and a piece of bread.
- To eliminate the need for cleaning, everyone will bring their own chair. If you do not own a chair you can carry, we will make sure there is a chair for you.
- Singing is a high-risk activity but that does not mean we won’t have music. It will be a short service of prayer, music, a brief meditation and Communion.
- We will have a sound system for the music and a microphone for Paddy
- If it rains, we will reschedule
(Pssst…there will also be an outdoor Ice Cream Social on Saturday August 8th — two limited ‘sittings’, 1:00-2:00 pm and 3:00-4:00 pm. Look for another post soon with the information.)